Thursday, December 31, 2009

Daniela's Top Nine (not really important , but completely fun) Moments of 2009

As most of you know, Celina and I are list-makers.  We spend tons of time (mostly while in cars) making lists of our favorite things and then ranking them...it's second nature now!  So, when Celina suggested we start our blog with a Top Nine Moments of 2009, I said "Why not?"

So here goes (in no particular order):

1. Meeting Maleficent
We had the amazing privilege of being able to go to Walt Disney World for Halloween.  Number One on my personal priority list was meeting Maleficent.  It's not easy...she's only at a ticketed Halloween party.  You have to watch a special villains show in front of Cinderella's castle and then know where she's going to come out.  Once you beat off the other Maleficent fans to get in line, there she is! It was an amazing experience and yes, she is as scary as she looks!


 2. Seeing Winston the Impersonating Turtle Live!
Winston and his sidekick, Terry Fator won America's Got Talent and now have a show in Vegas.  We went to see Winston at the Mirage in the Terry Fator Theater (I don't know why it's called that).  Winston sang my favorite, "What a Wonderful World" as my other favorite, Kermit the Frog.  It doesn't get any better than that! Here's Winston on America's Got Talent


3. Being in the Presence of Elvis' White Suit from the '68 Special
Some of my favorite Elvis performances are from the '68 Special and nothing is more iconic than Elvis in that white suit in front of the red light bulbs spelling out ELVIS.  So cool.  As it turns out, I think seeing the white suit was more exciting than seeing the rest of Graceland...and that's saying alot...I LOVE Graceland!


4. Experiencing Jersey Boys
We got to see Jersey Boys in Nashville.  It was mom and dad's second time to see Jersey Boys, but the first time for me and Celina.  It was amazing...I loved the music, the staging and the story.  Making it more special, we were at a performance with Bob Crewe, one of the original Four Seasons.  He did a question and answer segment after the show with the cast. It was an amazing experience!
Check out the Jersey Boys on David Letterman

5. Brad Paisley's "American Saturday Night"
I love Brad Paisley...I'll admit it.  I buy whatever he comes out with.  But, I love this album.  I just love that Brad has kids now so we add cute kid songs to add to his amazing love songs.  It just makes him that much more real in his writing.  Add in a good dose of old fashioned American pride and you've got a great album.  My favorites are: "I Hope That's Me" (a sweet love song), "Anything Like Me" (a sweet song about his sons, with a cameo by Huck, his oldest) and "American Saturday Night" (Americana at its best). Here's Brad's Welcome to the Future Video


6. "The End In The Beginning", Bones
This was the season finale for Season 4 of Bones. I'm a big fan of Bones but I really enjoyed this episode.  It got a lot of press because Brennan and Bones (the two main characters) sleep together.  The whole episode takes place in an alternate universe type thing, so they didn't really sleep together (not in this universe, anyway) but that's not why I liked it so much.  Virtually every character, past and present was in the episode.  They were all the same characters that they are in our universe, but they had different jobs, roles and relationships.  I thought it was delightful!


7. Lunar Moon Landing Anniversary
On July 16, 1969 man landed on the moon.  I wasn't around then, but I am so intrigued by anything to do with space.  Therefore, the moon landing--big deal!  It was so fun to see interviews with astronauts and hear the stories first hand. Wanna see some of the fun? Check out "In the Shadow of the Moon" on DVD!


8. Discovering Mooyah
I haven't talked about food yet, so here goes.  Mooyah is a burger joint.  They only have burgers and hand cut fries with sodas and milkshakes. It's fun because they'll fix your burger any way you want.  I like mine with barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, tomatoes, cheese and bacon. I'm pretty sure that's not really good for me, but it's enjoyable when I have one. Yummy!


9. Muppets Everywhere!
Disney has finally brought Muppets to the front of their character arsenal.  Muppets are in commercials explaining Disney's 2010 promotion, they are showing all over television (they were singing with Andrea Boccelli over Christmas) and they have a new movie coming out!  I am of the Sesame Street/Muppet generation and all these muppets are just heavenly! Here's a Disney Muppets commercial with Taye Diggs!

So that's my list...comments, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment