Friday, March 19, 2010

American Idol Top 12

The first week on the big stage! Despite the gruesome theme of "Rolling Stones," I was way excited! But then I was bummed. . .

My sister/roommate/fellow Idol enthusiast was in Orlando during this week for work. She normally has this event during the last week of the semi-finals which is traumatic because normally someone goes home that Snae likes. But being gone the first week on the big stage, was a nightmare.

My lone comfort was that I got to watch the Tuesday night episode with my friends, Leslie and Bryan which was a pleasant surprise. See that day, they were supposed to be moving back overseas but it looks like they will be here through the remainder of the AI season (or until their baby is born. . .whichever way you view it.)

Many surprises through the night. . . 
1. The song "Wild Horses". . .see I know that song from the movie, "Camp." I even own the soundtrack. But I had no idea that it was a Rolling Stone song. I learn something new every week.
2. Lacey was a PK. Which resulted me in saying, "She doesn't sound like a church singer, she sounds like a bar singer."
3. Snae's fav, Lee, didn't suck. See her fav always goes home when she's gone. I was so happy when I thought he did good. But his dumb jock face when he's not singing has got to go. At least pretend you have a brain.

My favs: Lee, Casey, and Crystal
Contestants that I can't stand: Siobhan and Aaron
I voted for Tim. I'm so obsessed with him. He wasn't good and if he was my friend I would have adamantly said no to a regae version of a Rolling Stones song. BAD IDEA! Let me think how to say this. . .I really like Tim and I think he's adorable. . .but not like I want to make out with him. Comprende?

Snae and I texted to each other from contestant 6 on. . .then came Wednesday night. I watched it with mom and grandma in Wichita Falls. The first results show I've watched without the DVR. Torture! Lee got through (sigh of relief) and then TIM WAS IN THE BOTTOM THREE.

This lead to my head slamming into my grandma's couch. I was hoping for Paige over Lacey to go but I'm happy she made it to the Top 12. One more week and Tim is on the tour. :)

Snae comes back this evening and her expectation was that this blog be written by her return. I'm going to let her introduce the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment